Sunday 2 February 2014

The numbers 32 and 11 were mine this weekend.

32 is the age I turned on Friday.  I don't mind in the least. I think I'm on a roll actually, life is proving quite cool at the mo.  i have a lot of awesome vision, goals and dreams. God is doing big stuff in my role at church, in my role at school, and in my personal faith walk. Big big growing. Love love it.  I am fitter then ever and for the first time Ever i have found myself enjoying exercises, now that I am settled into gymnastics and pilates. My family is growing together, we have a blast of fun daily. Marty and I are totally in love still and enjoy each other's company.   Yep, 32 is pretty good i reckon. Here's a pic of me on my birthday. 
We celebrated with ice cream at rush munroes, Hastings famous ice cream
parlour.  Ok, no we didn't - but that was the plan!! However, the weather was so dreadful on Friday that they closed early and didn't bother to tell us, we so ended up at mcdonalds much to the kids delight.I share my birthday with my lovely sister in law, Shona (she says it was hers first cause she's older!)so we often have a shared family treat, much to the cousins delight! 
The other special number this weekend is number 11. 
The day after my birthday, i celebrated 11 happy married years with my best friend. That's Marty by the way. We are blessed to have awesome grandparents who understand the importance of protecting our marriage carefully with an annual weekend away together, and they always happily take the kids for us so we can spend some alone time.  
It was my turn to plan our trip this year, and since options are limited for a short trip away, and I have never been to gisborne, it seemed a good plan. We watched movies and ate takeout on Friday night after dropping the kids off, and left for gisborne at 8am the next day.    I envisioned lying on the beach in the sun playing cards with Marty. What we got was gale force winds and rain. (Much to Marty's sisters amusement) oops.  Managed a little shopping, but We were more then happy to bunk down in our flash motel room with downton abbey, blogilates and scorched almonds!!! Oh, and the spa bath of course! 
 On Sunday we visited a church on dads recommendation. It was certainly different - church started with a rap band concert (we giggled at all the old people waving their hands in the air like they just don't care) and then later church ended with a lolly scramble! I love visiting churches, it reminds me that Jesus in not able to be popped in a little box stereotype in my heard - Jesus is loved by all kinds of people who show that love in all kinds of ways. Church is not one size fits all, but Jesus does fit all churches. 

We had a lovely weekend eating out, and hanging out.Even the 3 hour road trip each way is fun, just us and the road. So 32 and 11 it is for me this year. And I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment