Saturday 25 August 2012

Kate's first best friend...aww

On Friday, Kate had her very first proper playdate - not with one of Jaimee's friends but with HER friend coming over after daycare for a play.  Her friend Millie is turning 5 next week and this was our last chance to have her best mate at daycare over, so I contacted Millie's mum and we set a date.  Kate could talk of nothing else for 2 weeks.  She told us that we "need to get the house all ready on Thursday night" for Millie to come....I am not quite sure what we needed to do for this occasion, but ok!



When I arrived to get the two little friends from daycare, I was met at the door by them hand in hand.  Millie looked up at me and said "I'm coming in your car - I have been waiting for this all my week".  Wow, that is a long wait Millie!  The girls were fantastic, and although Jaimee was a little jealous to be on the other end of the stick for a change, all three girls played beautifully for the hour that we had Millie.  Kate and Millie both have older sisters and both sleep on the top bunk in their shared rooms.  They are two peas in a pod and she will miss her buddy next week a lot.






No comments:

Post a Comment