Thursday 31 January 2013

A birthday

Today is my birthday. I am 31. The day started at about 1:30am with a killer headache that kept me awake for a whole until some panadol kicked in. At 7am I was woken by my darling to get ready for work. the kids soon followed in a tumbling rush - birthdays are very important to kids! having been presented with homemade cards declaring their love for me, i hit the shower and had my toast. It seemed a bit wrong as I walked out the door with 3 kids on my way to work - while my dear husband sat down on a day off to watch football. "Enjoy my birthday!" I called out to him as I left!

Playgroup was fun though with a grand 11 kiddies and their lovely parents sharing my day with me. We celebrated with iced coffees (thanks Deb!), flowers (thanks Anna!) and yummy food.

I had been instructed to get home by 12:45 for some kind of surprise - Marty loves surprises! I had a slight inkling that I might be getting my nails done as we had discussed this being a cool idea - Jaimee's best mate has a lovely ibeautician mummy at Bjork. We piled in the car and sure enough, I was walked into Bjork! I was greeted warmly and Marty grinned broadly at the look on
My face as he said "bye love, see you in a few hours".

Yep - hours! He had booked me in for " the ultimate relaxation facial" - an hour long treat with the works. I had never had a facial before and was a little awkward as I lay down on the bed and was tucked up like a toddler at bedtime! Kerry (that's Jaimee's mates mummy) was awesome though and we spent our time chatting pleasantly - a little odd at times as she stroked my hands, massaging them as we bonded over our girls! I couldn't believe I had been there for an hour until I sat up and felt a bit light headed.

Next I was ushered out to the nails area and told I could choose a colour. Settling on a safe dusky pink, I loved getting this special treatment for the first time! I got "shellac" polish, which lasts 2 weeks and then you go back to get it soaked off as its that good. I keep staring at my first ever beauty treatment. Love it.

I came home just in time to resume my weekly coffee date with Vicki Lee after the holidays. We had a good catch up and Marty kept Luke busy for me. Bliss.

The birthday person always gets to choose dinner in our house so I asked Marty to cook. Can't afford takeout but didn't want to cook! We had a typical man meal - tacos. Easy to make, and yum!

After the kids went to bed, we made the final adjustments to our dance playlist for part of our vow renewal tomorrow (another blog to come!). There was much singing, laughing and trips down memory lane as we checked out playlists from the different decades. We found loads of classic dance hits, so hope we will get everyone up and on the floor!

And now I'm off to bed...thanks for a great day number 31! Ha- 31 on the 31st,,,,thats once in a lifetime!
So far, it's a good year....

No comments:

Post a Comment