Thursday 18 April 2013

Trowbridge update!

Wow, it's been some time since my last blog. I'm not sure why...I think perhaps I haven't taken any photos for a while and they always prompt me to write! Also I've been a bit busy (and thus a touch lazy).

So what's been going on for the Trowbridge family this week?

Luke - Luke has made the move to a bed! Apart from a couple of daytime naps that he wouldn't settle for until I sat with him, he has been so much easier then the girls to transition! I was dreading the weeks of sitting outside his room with a book, outing him back into bed countless times. Well, none of that for Luke! It was lights out, shut the door and that was that. Clever boy :) wonder if its because he stayed in his cot longer then the girls, they were both in beds well before two, Luke is 2 next month. the only downside is that today when I popped him in the cot at church while I worked, he only slept an hour.

Kate - Kate had her first school term prize giving today, and both Marty and I went along, knowing she has been doing exceptionally well at school and thinking she might get awarded for her efforts. She did! Well done my cheerful girl for winning the "outstanding performance" class award for her reading And writing skill.

Jaimee - the girls had their school disco tonight And the personality differences in our girls is really becoming clear! Jaimee was so so excited to be able to dress up in what she said was "her most beautiful dress" for her school disco. (Kate chocked on shorts and a top). Poor Jaimee was up most of Tuesday night crying at the scary wind and rain. My sensitive soul.

Marty - Marty went away last weekend with a bunch of guys from church on a men's retreat - camping in the bush and being challenged spiritually through a range of topics that were spoken about. When I asked how he found it, he paused and said "tough". He did hang out the washing for me and offer to help with dinner that night, leading me to look T him oddly and say "who is this man and what happened to my husband!!"

Me - well, I have been enjoying my gymnastics class the last couple of weeks! I have perfected landing on my feet after doing a somersault on the tramp, and (with some help) even managed a couple of back flips! I have been working on my handsprings and have had a go at the beam And bar. It's such fun! Those years of DVD workouts have really been paying off with the strength and toning focus they have had,prompting a few (ex gymnasts) to ask me about my past gym experience (none)! They couldn't believe it, said I had. Flair for it. That was nice. I haven't had a flair for anything sporty before so I will go with it!! ;)

And that's us, trucking along through April and excited about a WHOLE week of NOTHING in the diary next week. Happy sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment