Thursday 2 May 2013

Introducing Twinkles!

Yesterday we visited the SPCA as something fun to do in the school holidays, and to take the girls friend, Ella, who is animal mad! Gramp Muz is on the committee and volunteers there regularly, so it was fun to arrange a "behind the scenes" tour. We got to see some very cute wee puppies, a friendly white rabbit, lots of cats (Jaimee told me she almost cried when she saw one that looked like our missing cat Birdie - awww) and of course...the kittens.
THIS ONE MUM!
 I had no intention at all of getting a kitten when we organised this trip. It was for the kids fun. Marty had said that morning not to come home with a cat. I laughed at him.
And then we met the homeless kittens. Drat, they are cute. And with one cat missing from our family, we had a vacant spot.

Marty said "for the record, I never said yes". I kissed him and phoned to put a hold on my wee tabby girl, a friend for our Bogie girl.

So today, we adopted a kitten. We chose a tabby girl because that's what our other cat is, and we adore her. We also wanted a slightly older kitten who would cope with the kids and another cat. She was chosen also for her friendly disposition, the kids all held her easily.

She had settled in great to her new family. With a bit of a first scared wee hiss at her new sister cat, they did sniff each other out tentatively, with bogie giving her a friendly welcome meow. They have watched each other from a distance since then, but they will adjust I am sure, they are both so friendly!

The kids chose the name "Twinkles" - what more could you expect from 5/6 year old girls! Marty had pushed for "eagle" to continue the golfing theme, but I put my foot down.  He wrinkled his nose at their choice, but ah well. hehehe.

So far, Twinkles has come up to me with big meows, climbed up to my face purring like a truck, and given me lots of kisses and snuggles. She likes to stay with me, but is not sure about those excited bouncing children yet!

Welcome Twinkles!





3 comments:

  1. Welcome twinkles!! I love kittens - what greater home could a cat ask for than yours?? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay :)

    I'd love to get another cat but there's no way D'Arcy would tolerate it, which is a shame

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that how to use these apps. Can you give me some suggestion through by your post.Thanks.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete