Tuesday 11 June 2013

Family Life

I'm sitting here sipping a coffee waiting for Marty to drop the girls home (he has the car for an appointment later).  I figured its been a while since I wrote a blog, not that anything exciting has happened in the last couple of weeks, but its time to write anyway - I'm pretty good at waffling on after all.

I have been busy with all sorts of those little tasks that I keep meaning to get round to doing and never actually do them.  But I HAVE been doing them, so that's why I haven't been blogging - or even facebooking!  Nothing extremely important - working on my half finished cross stitch, playing 'hidden object' mystery computer games (I have the girls hooked now too), making cards (and sending them!) and updating the photo albums (never ending task).  I have even managed to start on one of the MANY books in my bookcase that I have been meaning to get around to reading.  Gone with the Wind is pretty good so far.

Yesterday I made it to Gymnastics for  the first time in two weeks, thanks to a long weekend followed by a migraine.  I am feeling the 2 week break in every muscle today too!  Last night I accomplished a backwards flip on the trampoline for the first time in my life.  It was such a rush, that I was shaking for about 10 minutes after - literally.  There is something a bit weird about flinging your body backwards in the air and seeing the world turn.  I didn't quite land on my feet, but rather crumpled into a heavy folded heap upon landing.  Very graceful, luckily nobody saw me.  They all heard about it after the second attempt though when I yelled out to them "I DID IT!"  They laughed at my shaking hands as I sat down to recover.

It has been pouring with rain here for the last 24 hours much to Jaimee's disgust.  She HATES the rain at night and spent most of last night in our bed after coming in terrified and crying yet again.  She doesn't like the noise it makes on the plastic carport roof outside her room and sobbed last night "I wish we could take the carport away".  During the day it can rain and she is fine, but at bedtime she just doesn't cope.

Luke has been talking more and more.  He says "Thank" now when you give him something.  He hasn't quite got the "You" part, but we are proud of him anyway.  He has this horrid habit of carrying the cats around the house.  He toddles after them saying in a sweet voice "c'mon....'tis alright" before scooping our very tolerant cats up under their front arms.  If you try and take the kitten off him, he says "no.  Mine!" and squeezes the cat harder in a loving deathgrip, so its best to just let him hold the cat.  "See! See! "ging-gles!" he shows me proudly.  The kitten attempts to hide by sleeping on the  top bunk, but Luke just climbs up.  We only know he is there when he yells out "MUM! HELP! HELP!" because he can't get down again.

Kate has been full of sweetness lately.  She has come into my room at 7.30am each morning this week, proudly telling me she has done ALL her jobs, even her bible study.  I was most impressed when she got stuck into her bible study on Sunday morning, even with Jaimee telling her she didn't need to do it on Sunday 'cause we would learn about God at Kings Kids.  When I commend her on her  good work, she says "...So, can I watch TV now?!"  Ah...the true motivation comes out!

I guess I should say something about Marty now since I have shared about everyone else.  He has been doing a Wild Alpha course each Saturday over this last month, and its been pretty cool seeing him develop some deeper friendships with the guys at church.  Each week he comes home dirty and exhausted after doing manly stuff like Motorbike riding, rounding up sheep on a horse or orienteering.  I just hope the rain stops before this weekend because he is meant to be staying overnight....without a tent it seems!! Hmm...I sense a cold and a bad back coming on.

Well, the girls are home and I am off to make the promised milo and popcorn I told them they could have over a movie in this horrid weather.  Till later...

No comments:

Post a Comment