Monday 4 June 2012

Putt Putt in Pearls

I just couldn't resist popping this photo of Marty's Nana playing mini golf with us all yesterday up....how cool is she, putt-putting in her pearl necklace as only a Nana can!  We all went out for a game yesterday to celebrate Marty's step-dads birthday.    Of course, Marty couldn't do anything except win( it would have been pretty sad if he spent all that time playing golf and then can't even win a game of putt-putt), but we were all pretty impressed with dear old Nana, who managed to come third equal and beat me by a long shot!    
 We had lots of fun, once the kids got past the normal dramas they tend to create whenever they get together.  Jaimee and Kate were content to roam around the mostly empty course, playing a sort of hockey/mini golf game with a lot of hand use and sweeping the ball going on!  Brianna, being a year older then Jaimee, was determined to play with the adults and keep score - she actually turned out to have quite a knack for the game, it won't be long before she is beating her terrible golfer aunty (that's me).


It's nice that we get together with the family.  I didn't really hang out that much with my own extended family an awful lot and my grandparents were not local to us, so its special to be a part of this close knit bunch that Marty has brought into my life.

After a late afternoon tea together, we headed home, and I just had to capture the AMAZING sunset that God painted for us.  It was majestic. As Kate exclaimed: "It's a miracle!".

 



No comments:

Post a Comment