Tuesday 30 October 2012

Budding Artists

Kate said to me this morning "When I grow up, I want to be an artist".  I assured her she did not need to grow up to become an artist.  Between the hours spent at home drawing, and the hours spent at daycare drawing, I have to be rather ruthless in what pictures I keep!  I generally keep a few for a week before they somehow 'disappear'.  The girls (and now Luke) draw whenever they have a moment.  Here are this morning's offerings:  
Jaimee drew a leaopard.  Rather cool eh? I love the coconut tree, it really makes the picture.  I asked her about the 11 legs....she told me that it was just too long a leopard to only have 4.  Fair enough!



Kate produced this lovely picture, which is rather typical Kate work.  She has quite a different style from her sister.  Jaimee likes to draw clean lines, Kate loves to draw random shapes and then colour them in as part of her pictures.  I like this one: it portrays bunny rabbits smiling together at the top of a hill.  How lovely! 

 ...and Luke is very much in on the action now at 17 months!  He screams and points until I pop him up with his sisters, and then works very hard on his work.  He has mastered taking the lids off felts, but is not quite so clever at putting them on again.  We are working on that one.  In the meantime, he is a happy and busy boy creating alongside his sisters.
No doubt these 3 kids of mine will gain some of that talent that runs so richly through the family....pity it skipped my generation, but I will be their biggest cheerleader to give it all they have got! 

No comments:

Post a Comment