Wednesday 14 December 2011

The first school report

As I was writing this title: "The first school report"...it suddenly hit me.  Wow, I have a child at school...I am the PARENT getting the school report. I am an ADULT.  When did that happen?!  I feel way too young to be reading school reports on my own children!  Ah well, life goes on...

Jaimee did not want it to be her last day of school today.  In the last fortnight, she has suddenly found her place. Gone is the child who cries all the way into the classroom and refuses to go outside.  This new and happy Jaimee  runs off in the morning with various friendswith a quick "bye Mum!" yelled out to me with a grin over her shoulder.  Jaimee seems to have a lot rather then one close friend, and some of her best friends are 7 and 8 year olds!  I just love how the school is so small and intimate, all the teachers know Jaimee (and me) by name, and Jaimee counts the principal and the office man as equally wonderful as her own teacher!

 I have enjoyed helping one morning a week in her class, getting to know the kids, the teacher and the learning system.  I am having so much fun being a 'parent helper' that I even volunteered to help organise and tidy in the holidays (this was quickly accepted - i am going in next week to tackle the resource rooms!).

Here is Jaimee's school report - she did so well! Comparing it to my own school report, I am pleased that the teacher says that she "produces neat and tidy work"...all through school I had "poor presentation skills"!!  Oh, and where I was the class chatterbox, Jaimee got lots of ticks for listening, staying on task and for beautiful manners.  Must take after her father!!

The flip side is that just like her mummy she is above average in reading - we both love to read, it is not 'work' at all to Jaimee, it is a great joy and pleasure to learn to read new books.  Kate is already reading at 3, so no doubt she will continue this family trait too.  



I was surprised at her math report (although it was still great). because Jaimee (and even Kate) love to play "what number comes before/after"...she can do that with numbers past 100 at home, but on testing day she must have been distracted, because apparently she didn't do past 20! That's school life though, no worries.

The first school portrait

 
Jaimee had a photo shoot and make an album for us as a  christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment