Wednesday 21 December 2011

Its snowing for Christmas at our place?!

Today I was cleaning the house madly in preparation for our holiday in Auckland ( I like to come home to a clean house, plus we have a family staying here while we are away).  Towards the end of the day, I went to get some fish out of the freezer for dinner, and decided spontaneously that now would be a great time to defrost the freezer.  That is how i get things done - when i see they need doing, i just do them!  Luke was asleep, and the girls were curled up with Monsters Inc on, so I got to work.

Halfway through, Jaimee came out to find me.  I handed her a chunk of ice and said "here, go play with this".  Yelling for Kate to come, she gleefully grabbed the ice and ran outside.  Two seconds later, Kate also was armed with a chunk of ice and Jaimee had returned to grab the T Ball set (?!).  I heard lots of giggling as they apparently smashed the ice to bits with their bat.  I threw a few more chunks of ice out the door for them and continued the job.  

As I finished up, I came outside to be greeted by the sight of Kate in her ballerina dress, complete with gumboots, gloves and beanie (with headband perched on top) jumping on the trampoline happily bouncing the ice around.  I cracked up laughing and went to get my camera....


...excuse the coughing, I am still recovering from this horrid cold.  

So next time your kids are driving you up the wall, give them some ice. 
 It kept my girls happy for over half an hour!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment