Monday 6 February 2012

Celebrating with family and friends

 So I am now officially 30.  And you know what?  I love being 30! 30 feels so right.  I kept telling people at my birthday dinner that I felt like I was a "real mummy" now.   It just seems the right age to reflect where I am right now in my life - so so happily married and settled, with 3 adorable small children and I am even looking better then ever I reckon.

Of course, when I said that lots of my slightly older friends giggled at me - they think 30 is young!  But I assured them that I don't actually feel like they are "older" then me at all, they are my friends and my peers - but I feel like I can join their awesomeness status slightly by reaching this next decade of my life, even if they are a decade ahead of me still!




I had such a wonderful evening celebrating with 50 of my friends and family. I felt warm fuzzys all over as I 'worked the room'! There is nothing quite so wonderful as looking around a room that is jam packed of people who are all there for you, to be with you and to celebrate with you.  I loved that everywhere I turned, I was greeted with a smile and a warm conversation.  Over the last few years, I seem to have managed to collect myself the most AMAZING people in my life - the kind of friends that are so genuine and caring that I would be grateful to have just a handful of them in my life...yet somehow I got way more than my share of these people!

Me and my girls
My friend Rach did my hair for me, so I did Jaimee's similar

The original plan had been to have a huge dance party - I had booked a hall and invited about 180 people along, but I didn't realise that I had picked a long weekend in wedding season, and many people couldn't make it.  So I put off the dance until next year, when we plan on doing a huge shindig for our 10 year wedding anniversary - I would rather have a full dance floor, so that was ok by me!  Dinner was yummy and we had the whole restaurant to ourselves.  The kids were on their best behaviour and I didn't have to deal with them once.  Luke didn't sleep or feed, but he was quite happy being cuddled.


working the room!
 I decided that since I wasn't having a dance, we needed some form of entertainment, so I took along a few photo albums from before I got married.  Everyone had a good giggle checking out my perm and big glasses and seeing some of my life events for the first time.  I got lots of comments on how like me my children are, and how young my parents look (this bodes very well for me in the future - the pretty young waitress said she hopes she looks like me at 30...awwww)

In a nutshell here's a little of what happened over the last 10 years: I have got married, I got a degree, I moved regions, we purchased 2 houses, had 3 children, and collected 6 pets.  So I am really looking forward to seeing what God brings me in the next 10 years - the last 10 have been so exciting!
family

A full restaurant of great people

Chatting with friends and mentors

Me and my mum










With my best friend Vicki-Lee

1 comment:

  1. so stink to have missed this Nikki. It looked like a lovely night. That photo of you and Vikki Lee is stunning. Definatly one for the pool room! :)

    ReplyDelete