Monday 9 April 2012

Addictions !!!!

The girls had been hounding me all weekend to make them waffles for breakfast.
So today I finally made them waffles for breakfast. As I am putting the first bit of mixture into the waffle maker. The questions start coming "Is that my waffle ?" says one, "Is that my waffle ? says the other. And then the argument starts "I'm having the first waffle!" "No, I'm having the first waffle !"
My girls are best friends and generally they play fantastically well together - but when they fight its war. I am SO NOT looking forward to them being teenagers and they start fighting over boys. I think we have to seriously consider sending them to different high schools (maybe boarding schools at opposite ends of the country).

Anyway we get through breakfast and I'm thinking to myself its a lovely day - we have been cooped up indoors for who knows how long now, its probably a good idea that we go out as a family and enjoy the sunshine. I suggest this to the girls and both respond with "Can we go to Cornwall Park ?" "Sure no problem" I say.  At this point the tears and tantrums start but eventually we get "Mummy" off the computer - Yes that's right folks...I said "Mummy" ...not me!! The girls and I had basically drag her away from the computer to get her to come with us. (EDIT - hey, I was keen for the park too you rascal, even if I did take my time to get going).

Now I know you are thinking "Hey Mummy deserves a break - she can have the morning off"
Well people - Mummy has been on the computer since Sunday afternoon. The girls and I spent Sunday afternoon playing various kinds of games from pop up pirate to skip bo. Then I got all the kids bathed and dressed for bed, gave Luke a bottle,  made the dinner which Nikki gulped down in 3 minutes flat and disappeared from the table so she could get back to the new sims expansions packs she had brought.
Which she then spent all night on. I cant complain to much I was able to chose what to watch on TV which is a rare thing in this house, apart from Tuesday nights but that's only because Nikki is at bible study that night.
She eventually came to bed sometime around midnight maybe later. And then as she soon as she woke up she was straight back on to the computer and playing sims and letting the girls eat chocolate at 8am in the morning while they waited for me to get home from bike ride to make them waffles for breakfast. Now back to the park.

We get to the park and Nikki jokes "I could have brought the laptop with me!!" I can only shake my head and laugh.  We have a fun time running around kicking the ball at the park - girls are laughing and giggling - Luke is having  fun too - especially when I'm swinging him so that he kicks the ball. And even Nikki runs around as well (!!!!) Luke was so funny on the swing - he looked bored until we started pushing him really high, then he loved it!

Now normally I'm the one dropping hints about when we should go home but this time it was Nikki's turn.















So we managed to spend an hour and half at the park.  Within 2 minutes of getting home Luke is put into bed and Nikki is back on the computer (EDIT - Hey, I did feed the kids lunch first!) where she has been the last 2 hours - its now 4:30pm and I'm thinking to myself I am probably making dinner again tonight so I better go get that organised otherwise my kids are going to go hungry. I suppose at least I get to chose what to watch on TV tonight. I am not sure how she will cope tomorrow - we are supposed to be taking the kids to the Onekawa pools for a swim and then I have organised us to go the driving range so the girls have a bash with the new golf clubs that Gramps has brought the grandkids.

I might have to organise one of those intervention thingees they do for addicts. Which reminds me the girls and I are going down to Palmerston on the weekend of April 20th. I may need someone to come around and check that Luke has been fed - I'm worried my addicted to computer games wife might forget to feed him.






EDIT FROM NIKKI:
He can talk ......I would have called this post "Role Reversal"!!  Now he knows what I feel like most days.  


But seriously, somebody stop me, this is why I don't even open the games I have normally, because when I do, I can't stop playing them until I have 'finished the task'..the last time I played The Sims was 2 years ago because I know what I am like when I start!   I blame my "task orientated-must finish this project" personality.  I love 'dollhouse' games - zoo tycoon, roller-coaster tycoon or the Sims...anything where I can release my inner little girl.  


Oh, and FYI I did dress and feed the kids, and clean the kitchen up before turning the game on....and Luke and Jaimee both slept after the park - I can't pass up that opportunity can I?! So there.  

 
hehehe....now, must get back to my game.
Practising some soccer skills....
So tired after all that play, she fell asleep on the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment