Sunday 29 April 2012

Gaming with the grandparents!

   
Poppa and Oma came down for a long weekend over the last few days and we were so excited to have them.  I love spoiling them when they came, so I made sure I had lots of yummy home baking in the cupboards, some of my tastiest dinners planned and was fully stocked on teabags!   With kids and work keeping us busy these days, they had no choice but to slot into our daily routines, complete with school drop offs and swimming lessons. But that didn't stop us having a nice time.  

We hit Anderson Park with the scooters and hot pies on Saturday, followed by a stop at the Silky Oak Chocolate Factory for chocolate in the most liquid form - coffee (chocolate fluffys for the kids were a big hit)!

We discovered a new thing about Poppa and Oma while they were here - they tapped into a new hobby - the gaming console!  I had borrowed a dance mat for the PS2 to test it to see if it was appropriate for the kings kids gaming night I was planning...of course I had to have a go myself first! After watching a few rounds, Oma got in on the action and did 28 songs before she was done with her workout!  The girls had a blast watching.  

Later that night, I pulled out the Wii games and we all had heaps of fun competing against each other in basketball, pool, darts, archery and a bit of sword fighting.  I was in hysterics when I was setting them each up with a "mii" character - they really got into the spirit of the simulated persona. Who says grandparents aren't into gaming consoles?!   I was just going to give them a basic setup, but they wanted to choose the shape of their nose, eyes, face...every detail had to be considered carefully.  I told them with a giggle that they would LOVE my Sims game if they enjoyed this!  In all fairness, they did manage to create some cute "mii" people that look surprisingly like them. 

Oma Mii (with Poppa, Nikki and Marty Mii behind)

The Battle is on! 

All in all, we had a lovely time together.  Watch out though, Poppa and Oma....I'm gonna work on my archery skills until you come back for a rematch!  

No comments:

Post a Comment