Thursday 28 November 2013

Welcome Aedyn!

From the moment she heard that her new little cousin had entered this world, Jaimee has been begging us to go and see him - first words this morning and again after school: "Can we go see Aedyn now mum?!".  But it was only fair that we wait for daddy to finish work, after all it is his sister's baby, so as soon as we could we were off in the rain with three excited children (and a couple of excited adults).  
Aedyn, when we walked into the room, we could hear you crying.  But you didn't take long to settle down, and you didn't make a sound the whole time we had our cuddles with you.  You must have known you were safe with your Aunty, Uncle and cousins!  
Luke was so excited to see bubba - waving at him and saying "hello bubba" and then wanted to hold Aedyn constantlly.  Kate and Luke both enjoyed cuddles with Aunty Shona too on the bed, much to Shona's surprise as normally Luke isn't that cuddly to her!  Uncle Marty chatted away to his new nephew who lay happily in his arms, wondering aloud if Aunty Nikki was getting clucky... I assured him I had not been clucky for the past 2 and a half years and was unlikely to be any time soon!  
However, I did assure Shona and Paul that I was available for plenty of cuddles in the middle of the nights as I kissed my beautiful nephew who was snuggling into me with those ultra cute newborn noises.  Ahhhh.... welcome to the family Aedyn.  With your adoring big sister, brother and lots of loving older cousins -  I assure you that you will be well looked after!  


No comments:

Post a Comment