Tuesday 15 April 2014

Just an ordinary day

6:30am - sleepily wake far before the alarm goes off by my throat, which is like razors every time I swallow. Ignore it. Bed is more important.

7am - Marty forces me up by bringing me coffee and cereal. He has learnt this is the only way to ensure I actually get out of the bed. I sip my coffee as I read my daily bible readings, still half asleep. 

7:20am - Kate and Luke join me cause I am the only one with a fan heater (it's my morning thing), which they both love. They chat to me as I try to read from Deuteronomy. Not the easiest passage to comprehend while the kids talk. I shoo them away and finish up, then finally get dressed. Ok ok, I sneak in a quick Facebook peek at this point too.

7:50am - Marty kisses me goodbye. Oops is that the time? I'm on duty now.  I strip and remake jaimee's bed as I call out to the kitchen an attempt to hurry the kids eating along. I bundle up the linen in the house and pop the first wash on, clean the kitchen cupboards and benches, load the dishwasher, clean the table AGAIN (now the kids get their own breakfast it's always chaos), and make the lunches. 

8:40am - realise Luke isn't dressed yet.  Get Luke dressed and furiously brush the girls hair. Right, to school! Oh, wait, forgot shoes for me.  Right...to school! As we pull out of the driveway, Kate and I both say "dear God" at the same time. I jump in first, then Jaimee is quick to follow.  Kate protests at us, and I remind her we still have time for her to pray, so she does.  We pull-up at school about 2 minutes before the bell rings. I run into the office to get a phone number for a face painter for a friend, and to find out when the prize giving is this week.  I am told that I must be there. 

9:03am - quick phone call to dad to find out when he arrives on Thursday. Yep, he's planning on coming inside the one hour gap I have in between play group and prize giving. But I will leave a key just in case! Luke insists it was his daddy on the phone after I hang up. 

9:15am - swing by grandmas house to offer her a lift to play group, but she has a baby with her so not today.  Quick stop off at new world to drop off colouring in competition forms, then another stop to pick up our broken vacuum cleaner which we can't afford to fix just yet.  I am assured when I do have the funds, the new motor will make it good as a new one for a third of the price so that's good anyway.

9:30am - drop Luke at play group with grandma, and then stop off at home quickly to get the washing on the line - first fine day in 2 weeks, on goes the next load! Then it's straight to the supermarket to get the groceries for our "messy church" dinner for 100 people.  Whew, that's a lot of pita bread! 

10:30am - drop groceries off at church, quick catch up with the boss to check what I'm doing in our Easter service. Then back to play group, hoping I can get there in time for a quick coffee cause my throat is sooo sore still. 

10:45am - ahhh coffee.  And a triple chocolate muffin with a chocolate egg on top.  Yum!!! 

11:10am- come on Luke, time to get home, still lots to do today! Hang out the washing while Luke plays in the hut Katie made him In the lounge after school yesterday. Pick up 5 bags of feijoas for school, granma and play group. Put a photo plea on Facebook for people to come get more as my back hurts now! I get lots of recipies, which is lovely but please just take them away already! 
11:30am - Luke wanders out and begs for little einsteins, his fav show.  I chuck it on,then start on cleaning up the guest room and outside rooms ready for poppa and Oma's visit later this week.  

12:30pm - give Luke lunch and do some puzzles with him. Clean up under the table, that boy makes a mess

1pm - goodnight Luke, sleep well! Marty gets home for lunch just as I start cleaning the toilet and bathroom.  

1:20pm - Finally I sit down to my own lunch (quinoa and rice blend with spinach and cherry tomatoes - yum!) and turn to the computer to start in on my Carey course work.

2:30pm - finish readings and taking notes on the two articles I need to get through this week. Attempt to wake Luke up.  Tidy myself up a bit for the meeting I'm off to, fold some washing and put it away, then attempt again to wake luke up.  Make myself a lemon honey drink to take to school for my throat. About to go, oh right - need shoes. 

2:50pm  -off to school. Grab the girls,which takes at least 10 minutes because the teachers don't release the classes at the same time.  

3:15pm - drop the kids of at grandmas house (thank GOD for grandma!) and race back to school for the staff meeting.  Meet Anglican school leader, Share ideas about Christian living classes and hear great feedback.  Good meeting. 

4:30pm - back to grandmas to collect children.  They aren't home. Track them down, Luke bursts into years as he sees me - "no, don't get me.  Chat to grandma about Easter plans then finally make a move home.

4:50pm - right, half an hour till we gotta be out again.  Reheat freezer dinner for the kids while I race around getting props together for my Christian living classes tomorrow. Oh, hi Marty - had a nice day? Can you grab the washing in? Thanks! Do the girls hair and tie bows on their dresses for the disco.  Eat children eat! 

5:30pm - leave Marty feeding Luke while I whisk the princesses to their ball.  I dance for about 3 songs with a bunch of kids from my classes, who giggle at me like crazybefore the music (which is controlled by 11 year old boys) moves into rubbish. Kate wants to dance with me lots, Jaimee is off with her friends and not interested!

6pm - have a bad coffee with some of the mums In the side room to the hall while cringing through the bad music and schreeching mic as the boys attempt a dance competition.  Have a few of the school kids come to me with their issues and sort them out with a smile. Love being "Mrs Trowbridge". 

6:45pm - I kindly offer to do the music next time. 

7pm - round up the girls and head home. We all look at the red moon for a while. "Ok girls, Teeth, pjs...get into bed".  Luke races daddy and Kate around the house several times.  I empty the dishwasher and clean up from Marty's dinner creation.  Marty does prayers for the kids. 

7:30pm - Ok seriously, get into bed kids! Jaimee has a sore tummy, toilet not helping. Give her a heat pack and send her back to bed.  Kate comes out to see why Jaimee is up.  Luke comes out to join in. I clean away the hut and other remains of the day.

7:45pm - I finally sit down to right this blog.  Marty grabs the washing and folds it for me while he watches one of his shows. We can hear giggles from Luke and Kate but neither of us want to move so we ignore it.

8:30pm - Marty caves and goes and sternly talks to the kids as his show ends. Luke wanders out 5 minutes later to go toilet, then another minute later to have his drink bottle filled.  Daddy tells him it's mummy's turn but he protests "no, no - daddy do it!" He knows He won't get away with this stuff with me! 

8:45pm.Kids are still talking, Marty is into football on tv now, so guess Mean mum will have to go after all.  They don't  make a peep after I go! the cat just let me know no one fed her yet.  I'm off to make a hot drink for my throat and read for a while. After I feed the cat and put away the washing. And have a shower.  I will probably turn the light out around 11pm and collapse exhausted into sleep. Sorry Marty. 

.....That's a fairly normal (actually, this is bordering closer to a busy day for me) weekday in my life!! 

PS: I had nothing else to blog about really (lol)! I  shall leave you with this selfie as I am aware there was a lack of pics taken this week! And Reading this back, I did turn to Marty, sigh, and say "I love you babe, hasn't been a good wife day has it?!" 

PPS - 9:30pm and I'm just about to finally shower. I Never had dinner, kids never did any homework (had already decided not to bother in the morning with this day!) and I must note that my kids aren't always awake still at 9pm! Lol today was really NOT that ordinary.....although it wasn't that far off the mark! ;) 



2 comments:

  1. You're a superstar! I'm tired just reading all of that. Gorgeous photo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog Nikki. Reminded me of days gone by .... too old for that now lol.

    You're looking good in your Selfie. No sign of a sore throat at all :-)

    Di xxxxx

    ReplyDelete