Sunday 28 December 2014

Buildup to Christmas Day

At the FL Bone work do at Craggy Range 

Well it's nearly the end of the year and I haven't even done a Christmas blog. What a slacker Eh! I'm just in full on holiday mode, and have really just become a giant ball of scorched almonds and wine, too lazy to do the blog! But the photos are creeping up on me and I know my diehard readers (yeah, that's my mum) are campaigning for a blog or two so here goes! 
Making a gingerbread house - I found the kit in the cupboard by chance, totally forgot I had brought it in the sales last year...the kids didn't seem to mind the year old lollies at all. I was not tempted. 

We have built up to Christmas quite slowly this year it seems, with achool ending on the 19th and the presents packed away for auckland it just didn't feel the same in the big build up. But we have been blasting the carols all month, attending countless prizegivings and kids presentations...and there has been lights lit on the tree nightly. And did I mention the scorched almonds? Yeah, that's the stuff. Mmmmm. My fav! 
Luke in his Rascals centre "show"! 

We made time to make our annual xmas gingerbread cookies and even transported the cookie tree up to auckland! The rocky road was a big hit too. 

As always in our big blended family, we have at least 4 Christmas family celebrations every year! It just goes on and on...I love it. This year we had "cousins" Christmas in Dannivirke, playing at the park and eating hot chip sandwiches.
Then we had "mums" Christmas dinner at our place, with both our moms (and nana!) over for a roast. Check out the hand drawn pillowcases mum made the kids each:
AND we had "gramps" Christmas too: a BBQ tea at our place. Whew, all that and it wasn't even Christmas EVEN yet! 

So yes, the buildup started as a trickle but quickly cascaded into the usual flurry of chaos and fun that signals Christmas, my favourite time of the year! 










No comments:

Post a Comment