Sunday 16 October 2011

Sunday with Gum-Gum


Ahh I love Sunday afternoons, they always have a nice lazy slow feeling to them.  This weekend my Gum-Gum (translation: Gran-mum) was here from Masterton, so it was lunch at my mum's house today with her. Here is Gum Gum and her great-grandson Luke (looking very related with matching slight frowns here!)

 I asked Gum-Gum today what she does during her week, and she told me she is always frustrated because she likes to read the paper, but everytime she picks it up she nods off to sleep.  So she gets up with her walker, goes to the kitchen and potters around to wake herself up.  Then she sits back down to try again and immediately starts drifting to sleep once more! I had a giggle at this, the drama's of being 85! 

Meanwhile, the kids went out to the back porch and had turns being "Hi-5", singing and dancing on the 'stage' while the other one copied the actions from below.  The next Mariah Carey? Perhaps not, but they had lots of fun!
 
The lyrics were a mixture of the Hi-5 theme song and their own songwriting skills: "click your fingers...yeah yeah...if you can't click... then just hop or do whatever you waaannt"... very meaningful songwriting there!

Then It was off home with 3 very tired little ones to watch Bambi again - they are fascinated with the part where the hunter kills the mummy deer - seriously, Disney movies are a bit terrifying!  It is making me laugh though - Bambi is calling "mother, mother" with that sad music playing...and then Jaimee yells out to the TV "She's dead Bambi!" hehehehe.

And now I am gearing up to watch the All Blacks play Australia in the RWC quarter final tonight on the big screen at church...I don't know the rules (i just know they need to break through the line of buff guys in the other colour and then run like mad with the ball across the line) but am loving the team spirit in NZ right now: GO THE ALL BLACKS!

9 comments:

  1. Ok so apparently if you want to comment on my blog, you choose "name/URL" and then leave the URL bit blank, just write your name. That should work for those who tried and couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder they looked tired when I called around. How energetic. Nice pic of GG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you all over for lunch. I will TRY and make you something a bit better soon - since you have declared that you dont want to be my daughter any more, you want to be my friend - because I make gourmet meals for my friends! *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Jude, love it. I would so love to attend one of your dinner parties! But I don't like seafood :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so you can see I have had a look!! Hey Nikki, very impressed with you, can't believe you find the time... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great singing there my little nieces, but can you tell Mummy she was going to watch the semi-final not the quarter final, she needs to be a bit more on to it with her rugby watching!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA Shona you are so right - and that is proof that I really have no idea about rugby (but at least i watched the game and yelled at the right moments!)
    Thanks everyone for comments - Sus, Marty doesn't eat seafood either so sounds like a good meal so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your idea of this journal blog thing Nikki it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Robyn...your next!?!

    ReplyDelete