Tuesday 25 October 2011

Labour day bliss

Labour day for our family felt like something out of a disney movie.  Or an Enid Blyton book.  

We were off to a good start when the night before, the All Blacks won the Rugby World Cup in a nail biting, intense final which had even me (and that is saying something) gripped to my seat yelling at the screen.  The relief when we won after all the build up and anticipation was awesome for the whole country.  It took a while to wind down from that one!

So when we woke up to one of our famous Hawkes Bay sunshining days, I just knew it was going to be great.  All the kids piled into our bed and eventually managed to get daddy up to make yummo waffles and smoothies for us all.  It is such a treat to have a day where we can chill out like that in the mornings, have breakfast after 9am and eat together....ahhh family bliss.

I suggested the park since we hadn't really done any outings the whole school holidays (the weather didn't behave and the kids wanted to play at home).   Sitting on a picnic blanket with Luke looking very spunky in his sunglasses, watching Marty play with the girls....as I said, it felt like the perfect family picture.  Love it.


 Should have taken my book, but actually it was nice just to watch the girls with Marty by my side and my beautiful baby cooing beside me.  We giggled together as the girls decided to hold hands and skip around a tree, playing "Here we go round the mouldy bush"!  Next it was sweeping with old branches and then climbing trees.  I love the park.


When we got home, the girls got into togs for the first time this season and played on the slip 'n' slide while I paused the family time and raced into church for a quick meeting.

As soon as I got back home (and fed Luke), it was off for our next family adventure - to the driving range (yep, Marty suggested that one!).  The girls LOVE the driving range - they get to use wee little golf clubs and daddy shows them how to whack the ball with it....Jaimee can make contact with the ball and hits a few metres away now by herself...this is a great way to get Marty to spend time with the girls, because he is holding on to the dream of them turning pro and earning a fortune.  I had fun too, I beat my personal best distance a few times, and my girls watch with big eyes and think mummy is the best ever...if only they knew!  100 balls is only $12, so it was a great cheap outing for us all.

I was not ready to end this fantasy family day just yet, so I spelt out to Marty what I wanted to do next so the kids couldn't whinge if he said nope....I do realise eventually Jaimee is going to be able to spell, dreading that day!  So to end the day, we headed over to Napier for hot chicken on the beach.  Half the Hawkes Bay was in this favourite haunt, I don't think anyone wanted to be inside at home on this glorious day.  We ran into a few friends we hadn't seen for ages which was really nice.  

It was a great day....here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment