Tuesday 18 October 2011

Ramblings of a housewife

Yesterday Marty woke me up with a grin "Off to work, you are the breadwinner today!".

He had lovingly decided to take the day off so he could hang out with the girls (plus their friend who was coming over) during the school holidays while I worked.  Now, Marty taking a day off means just that.  A day off.  At home. Relaxing, spending time with the kids.  I actually go to work on Monday to do the same thing as he stays home to do (I am blessed to be in a job where Luke is one of my charges!).

Anyway, so when I asked him to turn the vege garden over and pull out a pesky Ivy...you would think I had just asked him to paint the entire house in a day or something. Seriously! I don't think men really realise just how much us housewifes do when we are at home.

For example, so far today (I am on a lunch break) I have fed and dressed all three kids, dusted the house, moped the floors, cleaned the bathroom, washed and hung out 2 loads of washing, ordered the groceries, helped the kids on their internet games, fed the baby (again) , sorted out at least 2 arguments...oh and I did manage to shower and feed myself by 10am!!!!  I still have to get petrol, purchase vegetable punnets and then plant them, make lunches and dinner, update the photo albums and fill 300 loot bags tonight for the kids event I am running in October.  Whew!

Well done Marty though - he did attempt the vine, turn the garden over and gets bonus points for edging the lawns without being asked to.  He also took the kids to the park so daddy rocks big time....Oh and he made dinner while I sorted the kids clothing out for the zillionth time. Not too bad for a man really!

 I did giggle though when I asked him to read the kids bedtime stories while I folded the washing and his reply was "Don't you want to spend time with your children after being at work all day?!".....
HAHAHAHA talk about role reversal eh?!

3 comments:

  1. and yes, I did show Marty this post and he laughed...although he did mention that he also cleaned the shed up yesterday too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, this really cracked me up! Great writing Nix :)

    I so don't know how you do it ... I'd be tired after the dusting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still reckon you should write a column for a magazine and get paid for these awesome anecdotes.

    ReplyDelete