Saturday 9 March 2013

A Family Day

I have been training for the last 2 weekends (both leading and being trained), and next weekend I am off to Auckland for a  weekend conference, so I had marked this Saturday (today) in the diary as a "FAMILY DAY" in big letters!

We had recently been blessed with a meal voucher for Jarks cafe out at Waimarama Beach, so that provided the perfect excuse to grab the frisbee and ball and head out to the beach for some fun.  It was wonderful to see the beach so empty and clean, and to just walk with no real purpose or intent...just to be with each other.  I showed the girls how they could make their footprints deeper by jumping heel first, and they showed me how they can make sand angels.  
snapped! lol 





















Luke happily ran along (well, most of the way), making other walkers smile as they watched his wee chubby legs toddle past them with a "Hi!" called out and a friendly wave.    Jaimee and Kate did some "exploring" with their binoculars.  I practiced my handsprings and round offs, rather pathetically but its soft enough to risk it on the sand!

We got a ball out and had a hearty game of football, with the girls giggling as they chased it along the beach.  Luke prefers to scream at the ball which always seems to be out of his reach until someone gets sick of the noise and gets it close to him....then he picks it up and throws it to daddy (he hasn't quite got the idea of FOOTball).












The girls were keen to get to the playground after a while, so we headed over.  Luke freaked Marty out by showing off his new trick that he has been perfecting on the School playground - climbing ladders alone!  The flying fox was super popular, with all the kids (including Marty with Luke) having a few goes.  I just had to join in when all my family jumped into the boat and take a self taken pic.  
Then it was off to Jarks cafe, where we had the most lovely lunch - thank you SO much to our friends for the big blessing!  Marty thought the kids hotdogs and chips meals were so cool when they came out served on the plate in their own mini deepfry basket! I enjoyed my fish & chips, Marty had an open steak sandwich which he said was so good...and we even managed to sneak in dessert for everyone.  
When we got home (with a snoring Luke), the girls and I settled down with the lego to build a city, incorporating their new lego friends bits which we love.  I had so much fun that we didn't stop until Marty came to the door saying "umm...it's 6pm!!!!"  HAHA - I couldn't believe I had actually lost track of time like that playing with kids toys! It was a great day, and we finished it off with homemade tomato soup and hot cross buns.  
I love days like this, they are too far between but make loads of special memories to carry us over to the next one.   
our lego city! 
Thanks for making sure mummy is in a photo Kate!


No comments:

Post a Comment