Monday 21 November 2011

Christmas Cards

I love christmas.  Love it.  We have already done all the shopping, and we are away for the silly season this year so I don't have that added pressure of hosting a gathering or buying half of pak'n'save.  But I do have lots of tradition coming up really soon...On the 1st December, like every year, I will be playing my christmas CD at full volume, singing along while Marty rolls his eyes at me and prancing around as I decorate our christmas tree with my family.  Bliss.   And then once the kids are in bed (and I have adjusted the decorations evenly over the tree!!), out comes the christmas cards I have been busily making over the last couple of months, and Marty and I sit down and write out card after card after card together.

I sadly can't afford to give gifts to all the people I treasure, but I am a gift giver, so I compromise by hand crafting cards with love and writing personal messages in each one for our loved ones.  I normally do about 50-80 cards.  I don't always get them back, I know lots of people just don't make the time for this simple act anymore, but I do treasure each one I find in my post - there is nothing so wonderful as a whole month of REAL MAIL in the mailbox!!  

The girls have been wonderful cheerleaders as they watch me make cards...I can hear myself as Jaimee tells me sweetly "I like how you have used that ribbon mummy...you put lots of thought into that".  Here are some of this years creations...











No comments:

Post a Comment