Monday 14 November 2011

A moment to share

I don't have any photos for this one, but I had to share it anyway because it captures the relationship between the kids just perfectly.

This morning I was rushing around making lunches for school, trying to get organised before Luke woke up for his feed.  Kate came running out and told me Luke was awake (drat, wasn't quite finished) so I thanked her and told her I would be there in a moment - he was quiet so I thought I would just finish up quickly.

Kate came running back in and took the stool from the kitchen down to Luke's room - that girl was on a mission!  I glanced into his room, and found Luke happily sucking his thumb and staring at Kate as she sat beside his cot on the stool and "read" him a story from his shelf.

It was such a precious thing to see and warmed my heart.  It is moments like these that make it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment