Monday 19 March 2012

growing UP

Luke is 10 months old this week.  Now that he has his balance sorted crawling around, I can sit him up safely, giving him a whole new view on his world.  Luke has discovered the joys of "peek a BOO", round and round the garden, clapping songs and rolling a ball.  It is just delightful, but kind of sad because he is growing so fast.  
I have to really watch him like a hawk now, as soon as he sees an opportunity, he beelines it for a forbidden area such as the girls room or the cat food.  Today while I was helping Jaimee to a word find, I suddenly realised that Luke was very quiet in the lounge....yep, sure enough he wasn't even in the lounge! He had silently crawled right past me and was very busily involved in an experiment which involved putting the cat food into the cat water bowl.  Delightful mess.  
Now that he has figured out kneeling, he is all set to get places previously unreachable.    This is one of his newest discoveries - the cat door.  Such a great toy.  He spends ages here, pushing it open and calling out the door.  He gets a real fright and bursts into tears though when a cat bursts through, like is about to occur in this photo!  He has also jammed his fingers a couple of times and had to be rescued.  


On Saturday morning, I captured this 'cute as pie' moment.  I had just informed Marty that Luke quite likes to play with balls, and the next thing I know, a full on game of catch had been organised.  Luke was joining in, giggling every time a ball bounced into his tummy, and then waving his arms furiously until he let go somehow! The girls,(always little mothers) wanted to help him every time he got hold of the ball, Marty had to remind them again and again to let the poor child do it all by himself.
I went out Saturday morning to help mum with her gardens, and when I got home Marty greeted me with the news that Luke had STOOD UP in his cot!!!  WHAT?!  No deal.  Get back down Luke.  You are not allowed to discover standing just yet.  Much to my disgust, I witnessed this new trick for myself that afternoon, and as you can see by Luke's face, he was not very impressed that I left him like this to go and get the camera.  After all, he may have discovered how to get up, but getting DOWN is a whole new lesson.   

Ah, my baby boy....he has found his voice at the same time and is often calling "mum-mum-mum" at me, or yelling something unidentifiable out to the cat or his sisters.  Daddy is a word to be learnt, but he certainly knows his father and adores him.  After all, daddy applauds when he stands while mummy sheds a tear.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, he really is growing up! I cracked up at him getting a fright from the cats coming through the cat door :P

    ReplyDelete