Saturday 19 May 2012

Kids will be kids....

Yesterday Kate asked me to make her a milo when I was boiling the jug for my coffee.  "Put salt and pepper in it" she instructed me as she peered over the bench top to see.  Hmm...I am pretty sure she means sugar with the milo, but it sure made me giggle.






At playgroup on Thursday, I introduced Luke to the good old shape sorter.  He found it fascinating, watching as I helped him push each shape through and then grabbing the container, shaking it and peering through the holes to see where the shape had got to...big frown on his face as he searched for it.    Ah there it is!  I pulled off the top for him and got it back out, and he tried very hard to put the lid back on again before handing it to me with a "a" (ta).  I love watching him work out these new things, it is so special.
And finally, just now I sneaked into the girls room to capture this scene - Jaimee reads Kate a bedtime story, as Kate snuggles up close to her beloved big sister and best friend.  Both girls had just finished reading their bibles and doing devotions with daddy, and now it is time to settle down for bed (Kate reads her beginners bible without much assistance now while Jaimee reads an 'adult' bible with daddy).  

Earlier in the day, I was woken on my Saturday by Luke at 6.45am.  I then had to get the girls ready for swimming lessons at 9am, put a load of washing on and then I made Luke's birthday cake and biscuits for his party....all with a blocked nose and an earache may I add.  At 9.30am  I was still in my PJs because I hadn't had a moment to have a shower yet, let alone had my morning coffee(Marty had taken the girls swimming, but Luke wouldn't settle down for a nap).  I was a grumpy mummy, and turned to Marty later and said "imagine if we didn't have children......I would be working full time, we would be travelling the world because we had more money and we probably wouldn't even be out of bed this early on a Saturday!"   I know that is a horrid thing to say, even to think, but let's be honest, sometimes parenthood is hard and we all feel a tad selfish at times!    

But, and its a very big loaded BUT....

 as I look back on these priceless moments, I remember that it is all worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment