Monday 14 May 2012

Mothers Day!


Mothers Day was greeted with about 5 cards from each of the girls....all telling me they love me and that I am as beautiful as the sun - just the way to start my day!  I had purchased my own present a couple of weeks ago, as I do every year (that way I get JUST what I really wanted!), but was very surprised to get a lovely card from Marty who is not really the card giving type normally! Well done darling!  I had the obligatory coffee in bed before getting up to go to church, although I must admit that Marty brings me breakfast in bed just about every day, I am so spoilt rotten.

We had a couple of hours lie down after church, the kids were exhausted after their late night for Marty's birthday (see previous post) and more then happy to oblige, so I laid on the couch and played 'draw something ' with Marty and some other friends over the ipod - so much fun playing pictionary like this!  
Our mothers (and family) joined us for afternoon tea, where we had birthday cake leftovers and yummy coffee before I introduced them to our new favourite party game - "Just Dance".  It was so funny challenging my sister in law to dance the steps to New Kids on the Block with me....she won too (true 90's kids that we were)!     All four kids danced away to "Girls just wanna have fun" (Kate calls it the "pretty girl song"), with Brianna taking the lead.  Granma even had a go - who says gaming is not social?!  
It was a pleasant way to spend the day, and I am once again so grateful for the wonderful family that God has given me.  We have a good time together.  



No comments:

Post a Comment