Saturday 12 May 2012

Marty's Birthday Quiz

When I asked Marty what he wanted to do for his birthday this year, I didn't really expect to hear "host a quiz night" - but that's my husband for you!  I wanted a dance for my birthday, but he just LOVES quiz nights.  At work, he is the quizmaster - at 3pm each day, everybody turns to him with a coffee in hand and he rustles open the newspaper to read out the daily quiz.  I have phoned at 3pm occassionally, to be thorougly told off by his colleagues for interrupting one of the most important parts of the workday!  

So a quiz night was on the menu for his birthday this year (actually, he tried to do one last year but I was ready to pop with Luke and it just wasn't good timing), much to the delight of our family and friends, who are quickly coming to appreciate this skill.  
All our babysitters were invited, so we packed up the sleeping bags and turned the church hall into a cinema, with Dora playing on the big screen much to the kids delight.   We thought they might lie happily and watch until they fell asleep - wishful thinking!! The cousins were delighted to have free run of the hall and each other's company and the novelty of the sleeping bags wore off far too quickly.   Don't be fooled by this photo, they were running around until we went home at 10.30pm!!  
With questions like "who are the top 8 twitter celebrities" and "what country has won the most winter olympic medals", I was not a particularly helpful member of my group, but we had a great night and everybody enjoyed themselves.  One of the pitfalls of being married to Marty is that I don't get to have his amazing random trivia knowledge on my team because he is always hosting the event, a point that always makes me grumble when it comes to the sports rounds.  What is the benefit of being married to a sports buff if you don't get to have him as a secret weapon on quiz nights?!  

Ah well, Marty had fun and celebrated his birthday just the way he wanted to.  So Happy 35th Birthday to my darling husband...I love you so much...even if you do write quizes that I can't answer.  Mwah! 
A kiss for the birthday boy


Brilliant pic of our mates the Dempseys!




No comments:

Post a Comment