Friday 14 September 2012

Snippits into my week....

This week I....

have celebrated with Jaimee as she finally achieved her GOLD status on the Mathletics website - after 20 weeks of sitting down twice a week to gain her required 1000 points per week - this is a HUGE achievement for our girl.  She was presented in assembly with the school trophy for being the "Mathlete of the Week" and the youngest child in the school to have achieved gold.  Jaimee was delighted with herself, and so were we.  Even better news, we found out that the canteen voucher reward that the principal gives out for this is for $20 value!! That is at least 5 special lunches for Jaimee - she can hardly believe her luck!  

...Have been watching with interest as a new "facebook trend" was started by my friend Anna, who decided to cancel her account.  I really miss her lovely comments on my blogs, but I am amazed at how this has started a waterfall of people all deciding to 'cull' their facebook accounts (myself included) and put some much needed boundaries on this time consuming social spot! 

...Have been reading up a storm.  As noted in my previous blog, I have spent a lot of time with my nose in a book lately.  I am finding one book in particular very interesting.  It is a fiction book where a bible character (John the Baptist) questions and challenges a modern day pastor on some of the ways that we "do church".  It has challenged me to be more thoughtful and reflective on the way that I teach Kings Kids, the way that I am as a friend and as a christian.  Hopefully you will find some positive changes occur in me as a result of all this pondering...

...asked the girls what they think mummy likes to do.  They replied "Jobs.  And reading. And computer".  Well, I am just glad TV wasn't even on the list, and that reading came before computer!  Jobs? I don't LIKE doing Jobs, but they certainly do take up a lot of my time girls!  Jaimee often says to me "Its very hard work being a mummy, isn't it? You get so tired being a mummy eh?" I assure her that although I do get tired and busy sometimes, it is all worth it and I adore my job being a Mother!

...Went to watch a rock concert last night!  My brother in laws band, Ninja Monkey, was playing so I went along to watch with my sister in law.  It started at 9pm and I wasn't home until midnight. On a THURSDAY.  It was loud, it was rocking, and I was a little out of my element!  But Ninja Monkey are a great band, and It was awesome to support them and to hang out with Shona.  However, I am super glad that tomorrow I am at a ladies retreat all day, where I can relax and recover while my darling husband braves the weather and spends the day with the girls at the Blossom Parade, which they are both taking part in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment