Sunday 23 September 2012

SPRING! Finally!

Yesterday, I had been on total "Mum" duty - taking the girls (and Luke) to swimming lessons, followed by a trip to the library with all the kids.  Then it was straight to a birthday party with Kate...and by the time we got home, folded the washing and fed the rabbits - it was time to make dinner!  Whew.  

  Today was Sunday and the entire pace of our day switched to "a day of rest"...well, for most of us (Marty had a special job to do).  After a great church service (I got a day off Kings Kids to sit and listen, which was just wonderful and refreshing for my soul) we came home and just could not stay out of that glorious sunshine any longer.   Once a tired Luke was in bed after his busy morning,  Lunch was eaten on the picnic blanket outside and that set the tone for the whole afternoon.  
Marty was awesome and got straight to work on the vege garden that desperately needed a good dig over ready for spring planting.  It had become like concrete after a very wet winter of lying dormant, and the job was just too tough for me so I had commissioned Marty for that one!  As soon as he got started, the girls let out a cheer and were quick to find their own gardening gloves and spades.  A big worm hunt began as they 'helped' daddy.  The girls even got into shorts without groaning for this job, which makes me realise just how much they have missed the sunshine and dirt - my girls normally kick up a fight when told to take off skirts and dresses!  

As I walked back inside after lunch, I came to the conclusion that I did not want to be inside.  The sunshine was just too appealing - I love spring days like this, when the sun is warm enough to enjoy but not so hot that I can't sit in it.  I grabbed my book and a lemonade and managed THREE chapters of my book!  I felt like something out of a disney movie as I listened to the sounds of my happy girls, and watched our cute bunny rabbits bound around me in the sunshine.  Jaimee grabbed my camera and took this photo of me....
Ahh.....Sunday Afternoon BLISS.  Recharging in the sun with a book.
 Once the girls lost interest in gardening, they decided to join me by also reading books...to me (and that concluded my own book reading!).  Jaimee had got a book on jokes from the Library, and although she didn't get a lot of the jokes herself, she had great delight in reading them to me.  I think the best one was when she said "How does a spider search for information?"  She paused in delight..."On the WEB!"  Jaimee actually got this one and said to me "get it mum, like a WEBsite!".  I had to laugh with her, enjoying a good joke together was special. 



 The added bonus to all this sunshine was that Luke slept for THREE hours today in a nice quiet house, waking a much happier boy, and also ready to come outside.  Check out his really cute summer clothes making an appearance!  

 Luke had lots of fun pottering around, having a swing and then jumping on the tramp.  He has just figured out how to "jump", and bounces his whole upper body up and down to make his knees bend, its pretty adorable.  He likes to run around the tramp in circles, stopping occasionally to concentrate on a "jump" and then throwing himself against the nets in some kind of daredevil game.  When I hopped on with him, he started a new game - collapsing on his tummy and just lying there for a few moments laughing his head off.  Then he would  pop his head up with a grin, and get back up for more running and jumping.  This was followed by another spontaneous collapsing on his tummy.  I am not quite sure what he was thinking, but it sure was funny to him (and me)!
I am so looking forward to many many more days like this in the sunshine with my family.
Sunday Spring Bliss.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment