Tuesday 4 December 2012

I'm Back.....

I am now a professional blogger.  I now PAY to write this blog.  Hmmm...actually to be pro, I guess someone would have to be paying ME.  Oh well, I have made the decision to pay my dues and continue on with this blog for now as I really do enjoy blabbing away to a screen.  The screen does not judge or interupt, or stare at me vacantly.  It just lets me blab.

Note to self - remember that people, including my parents, actually read this blabber.  Hehe.  

But anyway, I am back.  With a bigger photo storage.

So...what has my week been like? Well let's begin where I was so rudely interrupted.  With those cute photos of Luke discovering the fun of a paddling pool for the first time:




Lukes sisters think he is just the cutest thing
oops, got a bit wet that time! hehehe


An iceblock shared on a hot day









...a few days later, I impulsively decided that since my kids adore water, we should get a real pool.  One that  didn't take me an hour to fill up before I have to empty it every 3 days and start again.  One that had a cover and high sides so Luke could play safely outside still.  So I did it.  We now own an 8 foot pool, with a proper pump, filter and chlorine.  After a heated discussion with Marty about fencing laws, we have it filled to exactly 40cm deep, the legal limit without fencing in the pool.  Its pretty cool.  Except that the girls, who have been so used to their 10cm deep nice warm shallow pool, won't swim in it.  Sigh.  Apparently it is too cold for them.  I am assuming that as the weather warms up, they will eventually stay in the pool longer then the current 5 minutes dip they have at the moment, standing in the water staring at their feet and debating whether it is warm enough to get wet above the waist (it isn't).


What else?  On Saturday I went out with my women's bible study group for lunch.  Getting me out was a bit of a drama in my head.  I was keen on lunch out, but the ladies decided that it would be cool to travel out to Ourawharo Homestead for lunch - an hour away (2 hours if you count car pool round up first).  I was the only one who seemed to think it odd that lunch out suddenly become a 9-3 day trip.  I guess I was feeling a little bitter about even more time away from my family, who I was missing after two weekends apart (the first with me at the Baptist Assembly, the second with Marty in Taupo on a bike race). 
 I then was haunted by old feelings of self doubt that seem to creep up whenever my thinking seems to be against the groups.  "I am sure they don't really want me there...I don't sew or own polka dot stuff, what do these ladies want with my company".  I wish Satan would stop using these negative thoughts to try and kill my friendships...I was up half the night in a mind battle.  I did go though, and had a lovely time.  Despite my own lack of self esteem, deep down I know that these ladies really are genuinely lovely and welcoming, and it was good for me spend more time getting to know them.  The setting was amazing, and took me back to my own childhood years of growing up around renovation of an old villa.  




Oh, and did I mention that Luke is now 18 MONTHS OLD! It dawned on me the other night that somehow our youngest child managed to grow up without me knowing.  The next thought was the realisation that Luke has managed to get away with a few baby habits for a little too long now....like that he still gets a bottle whenever he wakes in the night because he won't be quiet otherwise.  Well, that was that.  Two nights ago, I decided that he can have his bedtime bottle and then that is it for the night.  At 10pm, he woke screaming as per normal, wanting his bottle but I didn't cave.  I held him as he threw the biggest tantrum ever, crying blue murder and hitting out at me and him.  I kept offering him water which he was not impressed about.  Eventually he sighed in defeat and popped his thumb in his mouth.  I tucked him in and didn't hear from him again until 7.30am.  That is one to mum!

Last night, he only took about 10 minutes to settle without his bottle, so I am hoping it will be even better tonight.  My baby boy is growing up and it is time to drop that comfort feed buddy!

That's enough for now...Jaimee has her gymnastics prize-giving tomorrow, so until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment